How can we put people back at the heart of Lean Management?
First, we need to be aware that Lean tools and methods will only work well if people are at the heart of our vision, strategies, and activities.
Then, we need to apply healthy change management with the following essential elements:
- An implementation strategy incorporating the previously mentioned elements, and taking into account:
- the company context
- employee profiles
- the organizational culture, and
- human and technical challenges.
- An adaptation of management behaviors to encourage taking charge of improvement activities at all levels.
- All are supported by the comprehensive communication of the ongoing initiative.
These essential elements represent a way to ensure successful and sustainable Lean initiatives. We must never forget that behind all change are people seeking to flourish and reach their full potential, and so considering them in new methodologies is an essential way to ensure the dedication and happiness of your teams.